Monday, September 15, 2008

SNL is sexist?

I'll admit I am a bit of a political junkie and I am watching the US race with a bit of fascination. It is just such a circus compared to the wham-bam-Thank-you-Ma'am style of Canadian elections.

The most recent news is that someone from the Palin/McCain camp is slamming actress Tina Fey on her SNL impersonation of Palin.

Check out the article here.

The gist is this: Palin's impersonation was sexist because it showed Palin as superficial. Ummm, so if I portrayed George Bush as being superficial I would be sexist towards men? Or maybe I just think his policies are superficial. Or maybe I think he as a person is superficial. I would NOT be saying it because I think men are superficial.

The funny thing is that the Negative Nancies realized that Clinton was portrayed as substantive but kind of forgot that she is also a woman. It is clearly the policies that SNL was poking fun at but...

Someone on the McCain campaign felt they were getting some negative press and needed to say something to counter it. Lame. Instead of showing me how shallow and callow your comebacks are, how about showing me some of Palin's policies that are clearly not superficial.... or are there none to show?

Anyways, my two cents for your day. Take 'em or leave 'em.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I agree. That was not sexist at all and I believe that Sarah Palin herself thought the sketch was funny.